Thanks for Visting


Hello. I'm Sean and I live in Japan. I'm glad you've come because I need you to do something for me.

Help me get up to no good by reading this > Challenge Mode! <

Friday, July 23, 2010

Africa?

Today I am feeling something that has been eluding me for quite some time. An unsettled feeling. A nervous apprehension. It is fantastic!

Not since the rigors of the Japan application process have I had felt even a semblance of anything close to this. This, however, is drastically different from Japan. Because, unlike Japan, I've already been accepted for this. Earlier this morning I had the pleasure of opening my email to find a message that went like this:

"I have been on the case and I am very pleased to tell you that we would love to accept you onto the volunteer program.

I have attached the volunteer handbook for you, if you have any futher questions please do not hesitate to ask away. I will send you over the report shortly also so you can have a read of it.

Kind Regards,

Andy"


Uganda? Africa? Golden Monkeys? Me? Very possible, very soon.

I am scared, nay I am terrified that they have accepted me. I love it. It is very easy to fail and then slide right back into where you were. Now I am forced to make decisions, plan my course, and take steps to follow through - how liberating!

All the day to day montony that I have been focusing on for the past while seems to have become, once again, dismally unimportant. Instantly. I'll say it again, I love this scared feeling. Without intention, I think this has become my most upbeat post to date!

It may seem like a wierd concept to like to feel nervous, but when you're failing to find comfort in the known and routine - sometimes you get it from the most unlikely sources.

This is the best news I've had in a while, and now I have a weekend of the hillside music festival to let it all soak in.

Best weekend ever? I might say it's close!

Much love (and much excitement!),

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment